Introduction


My name is Gabriel Meytanis (candidate number 8560). I completed Brief 1:Music Industry, working in Group 2 with Georgina Harper-Dennett (8720) and Phoebe Hung (8017). Our group photo can be seen on the right of the page. To access my portfolio evidence, please click on the labels to the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


GiGi - Sit Still, Look Pretty (Group 2 Music Video)

Digipak

Digipak
The inside and outside panels of our Digipak
Please click the image above to access our website

Wednesday 22 June 2016

Evaluation Q1: Did you enjoy the main workshop shoot day? What role(s) did you take? What were your best bits and why?

A time lapse of how the studio setup changed during the shoot day

I really enjoyed the main workshop shoot day for a number of reasons:

-The day itself was very enjoyable, and I was kept busy & occupied throughout the day - including operating the clapperboard, gaining advice from the crew & being a runner when not needed on set.

-I enjoyed the opportunity to act as a backing dancer and play numerous roles.

-During the day, it was a valuable chance to gain good advice and potentially network with industry professionals, from director Dom and ADs Chris & Amy, to cameraman Ed, costume director Olivia and makeup artists Natalie & Kenzie.

-I found it was useful to observe the setup and roles of the people involved, as we will need to replicate this for our own projects next term.
Some of the crew: 1st AD Amy, cameraman Ed & 2nd AD Chris
Our director Dom with cameraman Ed

-My roles:
My roles included playing 4 backing dancers in the hip hop, band, cheerleading & end dance setups - my main role was as the 'main cheerleader dancer'.

Some of the roles which I undertook on the shoot day.
I also did some running work when not needed on set.



My best bits:
I feel my best bits included:
-Taking advice and information from industry professionals such as the lighting setup and the breakdown of the camera.

-'Playing' the saxophone in the band setup.

-Performing the cheerleading routine: especially as we had put so much hard work into learning the routine over the previous 2 weeks, and as this was my main role.

No comments:

Post a Comment