Introduction


My name is Gabriel Meytanis (candidate number 8560). I completed Brief 1:Music Industry, working in Group 2 with Georgina Harper-Dennett (8720) and Phoebe Hung (8017). Our group photo can be seen on the right of the page. To access my portfolio evidence, please click on the labels to the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


GiGi - Sit Still, Look Pretty (Group 2 Music Video)

Digipak

Digipak
The inside and outside panels of our Digipak
Please click the image above to access our website

Sunday 27 March 2016

Construction Post 8: My personal contribution to the edit sessions

Me editing our sequence
As with any part of the process, I put in as much time and effort as possible when editing. I gave up a huge amount of free time both during and after school, often working at lunchtimes & until 17:45 to make sure the project was completed before the deadline, and to a high standard. 

I thought that me and Josh edited the sequence well, and edited our version of the opening sequence with confidence, taken as a result of previous experience with Premiere Pro for other projects & media work. Personally, I helped to cut out a lot of background noise from rushes, chose a grading style with blue tones for cold, moody cinematography, and also was responsible for mixing the music to conclude in time with our sequence.

I felt that one positive of editing with Josh was that we both paid meticulous attention to continuity, although in hindsight we maybe spent a little too much time examining small details. Moreover, if I were to change anything about our editing sessions, I would maybe divert more time into grading and lighting rather than concerns over shots being a frame too long, as there were still some colour differences between shots which were not resolved. Overall, though, editing went very successfully in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment