Introduction


My name is Gabriel Meytanis (candidate number 8560). I completed Brief 1:Music Industry, working in Group 2 with Georgina Harper-Dennett (8720) and Phoebe Hung (8017). Our group photo can be seen on the right of the page. To access my portfolio evidence, please click on the labels to the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


GiGi - Sit Still, Look Pretty (Group 2 Music Video)

Digipak

Digipak
The inside and outside panels of our Digipak
Please click the image above to access our website

Sunday 27 March 2016

Evaluation Q6: What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

I feel that I was able to learn a lot and gain many technological skills during the course of the project. I was able to utilise as much of the equipment at hand (both hardware and software) as possible, learning new techniques & correct procedure at all 3 stages, and consolidating previous knowledge from past work. In my opinion, we worked very well with technology as a group and, though there are still some possible improvements, our capabilities allowed us to create our final production to a high standard.

Hardware:


Software:


Technologies used at each stage:
Prelim & pre-production:
-Camera, tripod, headphones, shotgun mic, dual-monitor Windows PC
-Adobe Premiere Pro, internet

The Prelim was useful, as it provided a chance to recap and refresh previous practical skills before we embarked on the project itself. We used the same shooting and editing equipment as the main shoot, and I was able not only to consolidate shooting skills, but combine them with thinking about continuity laws (such as the 180° and 30° rules) for the first time.
During pre-production, though it wasn't specifically shooting or editing, I realised the importance and required quantity of research needed when preparing to create a new film or media product in general.


Production:
-Camera, tripod, headphones, shotgun mic
During production, we were able to put these skills to good use. The main improvement I was able to take away from this stage was to pans and handheld shots, which I was able to perform during the main & back-up shoot sessions.

Post-production:
-Dual-monitor Windows PC, Apple iMac, Blue Yeti mic
-Adobe Premiere Pro, LiveType, Audacity

During post-production, I was once again able to not just recap previous learning, but build on this foundation. In particular, I found learning about tools including the Pen Tool and keyframes very useful, as these were two important aspects which I had't been used to working with.

Please access below our use of software and hardware throughout the project:


Overall, I felt pretty confident when using hardware & software: both those which I had previously experienced, as well as technology which I hadn't been exposed to yet. In hindsight I would say that this was perhaps one of my biggest technological challenges personally, as I was stretched to become used to working with these tools, such as the Pen Tool and keypoints when using the Adobe Premiere Pro editing software.

No comments:

Post a Comment