Introduction


My name is Gabriel Meytanis (candidate number 8560). I completed Brief 1:Music Industry, working in Group 2 with Georgina Harper-Dennett (8720) and Phoebe Hung (8017). Our group photo can be seen on the right of the page. To access my portfolio evidence, please click on the labels to the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


GiGi - Sit Still, Look Pretty (Group 2 Music Video)

Digipak

Digipak
The inside and outside panels of our Digipak
Please click the image above to access our website

Monday 5 September 2016

R & P Post 5: The kind of video I would like to make

Foals, Mountain At My Gates

Although I highly doubt that we can use a 360-degree GoPro or other advanced piece of technology, I really admire how the video experiments with both its use of camerawork as well as the cinematography & look of the video. For this reason, I would love to make a video that utilises at least a few shots with interesting angles or movement which helps to embed the video into memory, as I believe Foals have done.

Jessie J, Price Tag

I have included Price Tag, as I really like how it not only uses different colours and themes for its shot backgrounds - similar to our Taylor Swift prelim - and also utilises performance in different scenarios and with different props - often using Goodwin's theory as there is a clear link between lyrics and visuals (such as the money tree on "it's not about the money", 1:03). For both of these reasons, I believe it is a useful reference point to use for our own video.

Ciara, Like a Boy

Similarly to the Foals video, Ciara makes interesting use of black and white for artistic effect. Having discussed potential feminist elements to our artist early on, this could be a potential reference point for the way in which she delivers her message - especially through dance. Again, although the standard of performance may not be to a professional standard, the video is still an inspiration to potentially include some artistic or dance elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment